CLIENT: National City Bank
INDUSTRY: Financial Services / Banking
Despite its rank as one of the top 10 banks in the nation and $110 billion in assets, NCC did not feel it was getting enough recognition on a national level. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, NCC needed help to raise the bank’s profile with the national media, in particular the high-level financial media based in New York.
In addition, National City had a new Chief Economist that was eager to make his mark in the financial sector and wanted to become a trusted source for financial data and predictions for the media.
KEY RESULT: 300% GROWTH IN NATIONAL MEDIA COVERAGE IN 2 YEARS
To achieve our goals we:
- Focused our PR efforts on key financial publications such as the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, and Businessweek as well as broadcast news and financial programs
- Provided the Chief Economist’s predictions on market data to the media a day before official statistics were released by the Federal Government
- Made executives available for commentary on news of the day
- Sought media coverage in the regional footprint of the bank
- NCC’s national media visibility increased by 300% over a span of two years
- Achieved media coverage for NCC’s chief economist, its CEO and six other business lines with the highest tier of business and financial media, including: AP, American Banker, Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Information Television, BusinessWeek, CNN’s Moneyline, CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Entrepreneur, Forbes, Fortune, Fortune Small Business, Inc., Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, Financial Times, Chicago Tribune, and US News and World Report
- Secured multiple speaking engagements for Chief Economist and CEO including a panel at Forbes CEO Forum