INDUSTRY: Digital Advertising
TargetSpot is a venture-backed company operating the largest Internet and mobile radio advertising network in the country. In August of 2009 a new CEO brought was faced with the task of making TargetSpot a leader its industry and to counter the increasing pressure from competitors that were well established in the radio advertising industry. Part of the strategy to achieve this goal was to utilize an aggressive public relations strategy to penetrate advertising, radio and marketing publications in order to:
- Position TargetSpot as the leader in Internet radio advertising
- Influence potential advertising customers and network partners
- Combat aggressive / negative competitors in the marketplace
TargetSpot needed to overcome competitors that were well established in the marketplace, had tremendous brand recognition and were putting out negative messages about TargetSpot. To achieve our goals we:
- Focused our PR efforts on key publications: Advertising, radio, digital marketing
- Made executives available for commentary on news of the day
- Created allies of analysts/industry experts
- Commented on competitors’ news
- Pushed aggressively for speaking opportunities at key shows
- Dominated media coverage with feature stories on TargetSpot resulting in more than 2 Billion impressions in key advertising, marketing, radio and business publications
- TargetSpot executives are regularly sought after for commentary on news of the day and competitor announcements
- The company saw $8m new venture capital in 2011
- Regular speaking appearances in key industry events / shows
TargetSpot, a provider of advertising for online radio services, announced today that it has raised $8 million in its most recent round of fundraising.
TargetSpot, which operates the largets digital audio advertising network, this morning, announced that it had secured $8 million in equity financing from Union Square Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, CBS Radio, and Milestone Venture Partners.
In preparation for the launch of HARPORADIO.COM on April 26, Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Radio has signed an unconventional ad sales and content agreement with TargetSpot, the largest Internet and mobile radio advertising network.
Following months of development, TargetSpot launched TargetSpot Analytics on Wednesday (Sept. 16). The system is the first tracking and reporting service that can measure listener behavior after they hear an Internet radio ad, whether the listener clicked on the ad’s banner or not.
TargetSpot, Inc., a leading end to end advertising platform and marketplace designed specifically for internet radio, has recently announced that the company has started selling in-stream audio for the CBS RADIO stations.